Tinkergarten is a fast-growing social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets that offers high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families. Are you ready to join us? Check out our current opportunities:
Be the one to bring Tinkergarten to your community! If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and have a talent for both child and adult facilitating adult learning, listen up. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables talented people nationwide to become a leader (teacher), run classes in parks, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and adding new Leaders each week.
The Tinkergarten Leader is the one who brings our mission-driven, healthy and educational service to their local community by facilitating child-directed, outdoor, play-based learning classes.
We need you to:
Learn more or apply to become a leader.
We're seeking a driven individual who wants to break into a startup, and loves helping people and solving problems, to provide warm, efficient, and effective support to Tinkergarten leaders and families. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply and genuinely about supporting a fast growing, dynamic operation and helping to make a people-centered organization successful. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.
- Respond to and resolve phone calls and emails from customers, quickly and effectively
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
- Manage service requests from leaders, supporting the team responsible for classes.
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Use internal and third-party software to process customer requests and help our leaders post and manage their class listings
- Craft documentation, suggest improved processes, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers and leaders.
Who will thrive in this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and co-workers, and are energized by interacting with and helping people
- You love learning about new ways of doing things
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You’re comfortable with a little uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Experience and requirements:
- 2-3+ years in a customer service position (bonus for online support experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about helping others
- Comfortable with common online applications (google suite etc.) and able to quickly learn new ones
- Persistent and detail-oriented; will search until the proper answer is found
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required
This is a full time role, and can be based in our downtown Northampton, MA office, or remote. Availability for either a staggered Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs schedule, or to work some evenings and weekends, is a plus.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Support Specialist” AND fill out the short questionnaire here: https://tinkergarten.typeform.com/to/h1xGes