Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that offers high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families. Are you ready to join us? Check out our current opportunities:
Community Development Manager
Assistant Parks Liaison
If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and are an exceptional communicator, listen up. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables anyone, anywhere to become a leader, run classes in parks nationwide, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and we’re hiring a Community Manager who can help us to manage a fast growing national network of leaders. You’ll be responsible for building programs and cultivating support, motivation and efficiency across our network of highly motivated early childhood educators.
We need you to:
- Steward the cultural values of the company among to the leader community, channel leader voice efficiently to our central organization.
- Cultivate an open, supportive, and vibrant culture among the leaders.
- Curate leader forums, keep conversations well-organized, build an open and useful peer learning network.
- Manage external leader groups across social media to support leaders, keep everyone informed, and honor brand and cultural values.
- Surface trends and issues from the leader community to the central team.
- Work with other central colleagues to develop programs that promote, support and optimize leader success.
- Help us communicate policies, feature updates, successes and new learnings to leaders effectively.
What you've got:
- You are an exceptional writer, listener, diplomat, and empathizer.
- You active publish and consume on various social media platforms, and keep current with trends among the platforms.
- You are incredibly well organized and detail oriented.
- You have mobilized large teams or communities of people to achieve great things.
- You are entrepreneurial by nature, require very little direction and can lead initiatives across teams.
- You're tech savvy, require minimal training, and can understand and communicate about the technology that enables our service.
- You can spin multiple plates and efficiently problem solve in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- You are ready to dive in the deep end and play on a winning team.
This role is based in our Northampton, MA headquarters. If this role excites you, please send details on your background and a note about why you are interested in the role to support@tinkergarten-dot-com.
Assistant Parks Liaison
If you care deeply about our natural environment, education for kids, and consumer technology, we’ve got your dream job. We launched in 2015 with a few leaders in Brooklyn, and now have 300 leaders running classes across 32 states—and we’re just beginning. We’re backed by Omidyar Network (world renowned leader in impact investing) a host of other top education and impact investors who are supporting us as we scale. We’re rapidly adding leaders in new locations everywhere, and need a team member to support our parks and green space advocate in building relationships with park systems and securing locations for our classes. We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful, and super-fun team member who deeply believes in the power of outdoor free play for young children and a common love of being outdoors.
- Influence—you'll be a key support person on our parks and green space team, and you can bring your own ideas, and creative solutions in accordance with our mission.
- Enjoy serious autonomy—We’re lean, mean, & work fast—get the responsibility you can take on.
- Be part of something big—You’ll be part of the early days of a fast-growing movement to get kids outside again—it’s fun, healthy, educational and meaningful.
Are you a good fit?
- You are extremely well organized, and an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy the process of advocating for an idea, cause or mission.
- You like working on a team and are comfortable using tech tools.
- You are excited about the fluidity, informality, and fast pace of working for a startup.
- Bonus, but not required, if you have experience working in or with town, county, state, or national parks or private green spaces, or a degree in the Environmental Sciences or Environmental Conservation.
- Support Tinkergarten Parks and Green Space Advocate in communicating with park authorities across the country in which we run our programs.
- Interface with park representatives by email and telephone
- Document process and updates on an ongoing basis
- Research rules and regulations, and other pertinent information
- Complete supporting documents as needed
Nuts and bolts:
- Part-time, paid position
- Up to 20 hrs/week with seasonal fluctuation.
- Ideally you are located in either Northampton, MA or Eastern Long Island, NY.
Please submit a brief statement about your interest in the position and your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com.
Be the one to bring Tinkergarten to your community!
If you’re an energetic, motivated parent—or just love working with kids—and want flexible and meaningful work—this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
- Bring a mission-driven, healthy and educational service to your community
- Earn money on a flexible schedule—teach as many or as few classes as you want
- Even help your own kid(s) develop while sharpening your parenting skills
- Be social, and have FUN!
Learn more or apply to become a leader.