Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
This activity is featured in our December Activity Calendar. If you do not yet have your free copy of the calendar, get it here.
Gather your materials:
Make an Outdoor Adventures Jar!
Brainstorm and fill the jar:
Or, write ideas down on any slips of paper and fill your jar with them. Here are some to start with:
- Go on a hike together
- Make a mud pie together
- Have a picnic together
- Make a real or pretend campfire
- Have a pretend (or real) camp-out
- Make shapes of joy and love
- Visit a favorite outdoor spot. You can even make a familiar spot special by visiting early in the morning and bringing a breakfast. Or, going on an evening hike there (maybe even with a little treat to enjoy!).
- Enjoy an outdoor tea (or cocoa) party together.
- Make and explore with frozen treasures or winter wondermobiles.
- Go on an outdoor scavenger hunt
- Make a winter nature treasure wreath
- Make a winter Stone Soup together
- Build a snow person or a snow house
- Plan a family adventure!
- Brainstorm the activities that make your child’s special person smile, and generate ideas for how to do more of those things together!
Gift your Outdoor Adventures Jar:
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!