Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
Step 1: Start with a box.
Step 2: Proclaim your box a treasure box!
Step 3: Collect some winter treasures
Step 4: Decorate your treasure box
- Glue winter nature treasures to the outside of the box.
- Draw pictures of the nature treasures on paper. Then, cut out the drawings and tape or glue them to the outside of the box.
- Dip treasures in paint and make prints on the box.
- Make paint using nature materials like beets, berries, spices and even dirt, then paint your box.
- Cut up magazines, calendars or other recyclables (especially photos of plants and animals!) and cover your box in a recycled nature collage.
Step 5: Gift your winter treasure box!
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!