Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
One easy place to start to look for twos is by looking at our bodies or the bodies of our pets, stuffies or friends. What parts of our bodies come in twos?
Look around the house, car, yard or park and see what else comes in twos. Shout out or say "Happy Twosday!" all day long whenever you see a pair or twosome of some kind. You can also make a photo series of things that come in twos, too! Share them with us by tagging @tinkergarten and #twosday!
Collect and explore:
- 2 objects that are bumpy
- 2 objects of the same color
- 2 objects with a smell
- 2 objects that can be ripped up into smaller pieces
- 2 objects that can roll
Find a Match hunt: For an extra challenge, choose one of the treasures and ask kids to describe how the nature treasure feels and looks. Then, invite kids to hunt around the outdoor space to find a “match” for one of its characteristics. As kids create their pairs, invite them to describe how the two objects “match.”
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!