Fun Outdoor Kids Classes in South Slope
Healthy, educational fun for toddlers, preschoolers and young kids. Outdoor activity-based classes in local greenspaces in South Slope.
Tinkergarten's outdoor, play-based learning classes are the best way for kids to experience the great outdoors in South Slope during Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Tinkergarten helps families get outside to make the most of their kids’ early learning years. Designed by education experts and loved by all families, our play-based outdoor curriculum guides parents and caregivers in raising healthy, confident, and capable kids. Through live, weekly sessions, a curriculum to extend the play at home, and a rich learning community, Tinkergarten makes purposeful outdoor play doable for every family.
Tinkergarten's outdoor activities and play-based learning help kids develop critical early learning skills like focus, persistence, creativity, problem-solving, empathy, and communication. All class activities are facilitated by a certified, trained, local leader and designed for kids ages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Try a free class, enroll in a class for the season, or start a new group by becoming a Tinkergarten leader (or nominate someone you think would make a great leader). Join the other families in South Slope today to play and learn outdoors together!
Class Offerings in Brooklyn
Tinkergarten In Person
Tinkergarten In PersonLearn outside with families in your community.
- Joyful group learning in an inspiring natural setting.
- Delightful classes in your local greenspace, with an expert Leader.
- 9 live class sessions in a local greenspace
- Led by an expert Tinkergarten Leader
- Videos, activities, and resources support playful learning all week long
- Proven protocols to keep learning safe and fun
- Small class size (up to 15 children)
- A seasonal map and Winter 2023/Problem Solving iron-on badge
- Parent/guardian attends with child
- Mixed-age classes for kids 1.5 to 8 years
Try a Free Class
A convenient and super fun way to learn about our program, meet a Tinkergarten Leader, and experience how our classes work.
- Enjoy a fun group activity with a certified Tinkergarten Leader.
- Get a free sample activity guide to continue the play at home.
- Learn about Tinkergarten’s unique approach to learning.
- Take advantage of either trial format: In Person (in a local greenspace) or Anywhere (on-demand, from any connected device).
Help Kids Thrive
What Will Your Child Learn?
Our Unique Approach
Who Leads Tinkergarten?
Tinkergarten is the national leader in outdoor, play-based learning. We're looking for new Leaders to bring purposeful outdoor play to your community! If you or someone you know would make a great Leader, let us know!
What Parents Have to Say
Tinkergarten has been the best experience for my son. He gets so engaged, and I understand what he gets out of his play experiences thanks to the program materials.
We've enjoyed learning new things each season. We’ve been doing Tinkergarten for three years now and it's still so engaging to our kids.
Every lesson always inspires creative play for hours and hours after Tinkergarten ends. I love that Tinkergarten is research based and truly brings out childhood play! Keep up the amazing work!
Outdoor kids classes for 1 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 2 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 3 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 4 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 5 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 6 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 7 year old. Outdoor kids classes for 8 year old. Outdoor play-based learning classes. Outdoor activities for kids. Activity-based curriculum for kids.