Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
- Select a spot to set up your water fountain, ideally near plants the bees frequent and in the shade. To learn more about which plants are ideal for bees or to plant for pollinators, read more here.
- Place your dish on the ground or, for extra height, place it on top of an upside down plant pot.
- Invite your child to add the rocks to the dish and then fill with just enough water that the tops of the stones are not submerged.
- Observe to see if any bees or other creatures visit your water fountain.
- Refresh the water in your fountain daily.
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: take a free online live session any day. Or try a free in-person session where and when available.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!