Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
We share this activity for World Food Day on October 16th, a United Nations holiday that aims to raise awareness about food supply and distribution issues around the world. The 2022 World Food Day theme is "Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow," which stresses that production and consumption of safe food have “immediate and long-term benefits for people, the planet, and the economy.” In honor of World Food Day, we welcome you to celebrate Haile as a powerful change maker and engage your kiddos in creating heart-healthy and delicious treats for the people they love.
This activity is featured in our October Activity Calendar. If you don't yet have your free copy, get it here!
Step 1: Hear from Haile herself.
Step 2: Explore Fruits and Veggies.
Note: If there are herbs, fruits or other treats growing in your area, head right to the farm, garden or safe foraging area to gather yummy ingredients right from the earth around you! Our family also freezes many of the fruits we pick in the summer time, so it can be fun to dig into the freezer, defrost and explore those summer treasures with a new purpose!
Step 3: Do a Little Cooking!
If you selected fruits and juices, try to create different smoothies or blended drinks. Or slice up various fruits and make a happy face, heart or just a sweet design on the plate to showcase the tasty treats in a joyful way.
Want more tips ? Check out this Cooking with Kids activity we created during the holiday season.
Step 4: Present your Treat from the Heart with Love.
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!