Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
- Hide-and-seek: Hide your lizard friends around your outdoor space and invite kids to find them. To introduce the concept of camouflage, notice together which lizards were easier or harder to spot and wonder why. Then, kids can hide lizard friends for you to find!
- Color sort: Many lizards have bodies colored to blend in with their surroundings. Walk around your outdoor space with your lizard friends and hunt for objects in nature that have similar colors to each of your lizards. Sort your found nature treasures into piles based on color.
- Make a hideout: Select a spot in your outdoor space for kids to create a special hideout for a lizard friend. What would the lizard need to feel safe and secure? What objects from nature could your child use to keep lizards hidden from predators?
- Lizard playground: Lizards like to play, too! Offer a bin or bowl, some nature treasures and a container of water and invite kids to make a special playspace just for lizard friends. Let kids know that sometimes lizards like to warm up in the sun and sometimes they cool off in the water. Wonder how lizards might like to play, what features might be found in a lizard playground and what materials they could use to create them.
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!