Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
- Draw your favorite animal(s) on small stones using a waterproof marker.
- Fill the container(s) one-third of the way with water and place in the freezer.
- Once solid, place your stone friend in the container, fill it up the rest of the way, then freeze. If you want, you can add some nature treasures, watercolor/food coloring or lavender to add a sensory boost.
- Warm water (turkey basters can be great for this, or paint brushes could be fun, too)
- Warm hands
- Sticks or rocks
- Mallets or other utensils
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!