Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
Invite play: Wonder, “Do you think we could make a design with these nature treasures to make people who walk by feel happy?” Wonder together where you could set up your design so that others will find it and enjoy it. Some options include: your front yard, neighborhood sidewalk, nearby park or any visible community outdoor space.
Set up an invitation for your community: Step back and marvel at your design together. If you made a big shape, invite kids to move their bodies in and out of the shape, too. Talk together about who might discover their design and how it might make them feel. Wonder, "Do you think other people might enjoy adding to our design, too?" Leave a pile or container of nature objects next to the design and wonder what materials someone might add to the design. How might the design change shape? If you have an older child, welcome them to make a sign inviting neighbors or passersby to add objects to the display.
Want more ideas like this? Try our Redesigning Nature DIY or our Shapes of Love and Joy DIY.
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!