Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
Step 2: Join kids and do Star pose a few times together.
Step 3: Repeat the pose.
While you're on a walk, hike or play session outside, greet the sun with star pose. Feel the sun's warmth as you do. If you like, reflect on the fact that our sun is a giant star—the star that makes life possible on Earth!
Repeat the pose each day in the morning, at bed time or at whatever times that work for you during the week to reinforce it with kids and enjoy the joyful impact of the pose. Return to it anytime that kids (or you) want to lean into the light, power and happiness you feel inside.
Why is this activity great for kids?
Just the practice of using the body, breath and mind to feel calmer, centered and more mindful helps kids learn to regulate their bodies and emotions and gives them tools for how to cope when life does become stressful later on. The practice of star pose also helps kids experience and express their vitality and joy—things that can support their positive mood anytime!
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!